Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Latest distractions...

I thought I would have a lot more time to post on here but I have recently been distracted by a few things.
 
On Wednesday I had my Graduation Ball and so Tuesday and Wednesday were taken up with refashioning a dress that I wore to my year11 prom into something suitable to wear to my last ever (Southampton) University Ball.

After doing this, my sister decided that we needed a sowing machine that did not require winding! So we made a trip to John Lewis and are now the proud owners of a shiny (pink) sowing machine.


With this purchased we set about creating an infinity dress for my sister. Check here for my initial inspiration for this dress at a very lovely crafty blog I follow. 

Due to a slight rookie error by the lovely sis I had to make a short dash back to the fabric shop on Friday to pick up some more of the fabric, but this did leave me with a lovely pre cut (if slightly large) circle of fabric.

After entertaining some of the bf's friends at my house over night Friday the weekend was spent at his house as his parents got to grips with the first of their B and B guests. 

Arriving back this evening I have used the left over material and created myself a simple skirt inspired by this. But had to rouche the skirt as the hole in the centre was much larger than my waist.




I do love how it has turned out and its such nice material :D

No comments:

Post a Comment