Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Coloured Lavender

Today I have been lacking in motivation. Im not 100% sure why but it is turning into one of those weeks. From Friday onwards I am going to be super busy, with my results coming out on Friday, then having to be at the boat for 4:30 in the morning on Saturday to go sailing :o then either travelling to Oxford for a family reunion or travelling to Falmouth for work! 
Busy busy busy...
But for now I am taking it slow, too slow if anything. So to kick start myself I went to Portswood (the local highstreet) today and went charity shop touring and was good and only bought books (ok and one necklace to cannibalise) and met with a friend for coffee.

This trick seemed to have worked for a little time, and when I got back from town I headed out into the garden to do a little work. On the way into the garden I stopped to look at the Lavender bush that is starting to block the steps...

There are the typical Lavender flowers (deep purple casings and flowers) 

 ... and flowers which have pale casings on the flowers. Taking a closer look at these I have found that the inside flowers appear to be both pink and purple, although they have not really started to open yet.


I appologise for the quality of the photos my proper camera has decided to stop talking to my computer so I have to utilise the mobile phone camera for this.

Pink:

and Purple:


You can see the purple better in the close up:


I will have to look into taking cuttings of Lavender and glowing some new plants from them as I am planning on moving the Lavender hedge next year and having different colours in it would be wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. Lavender is just gorgeous - both to look at and to smell, and the bees just love it. That's reminded me to add lavender cuttings to my to do list - right between sowing brassicas seeds and propagating my coloured dogwoods. Fingers crossed for you on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely. I love my Lavender although I did just move them and then we hit the 90's so some of it burnt up. Fortunately I have some starts here also. Your new hedge should be beautiful with some mix up of colors.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete