Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering them...

Well it is hard to believe that 10 years have gone by since the devastating attacks in America on 9/11. 

Its one of those days where everyone knows where they were when it happened. We don't seem to have many of them now, and when we do they are only really for sad things. The other one I remember is the death of Princess Diana. The most recent one will be the royal wedding, it is nice to have a good date that pulls everyone together.

Remembering where we were when we heard the news is all part of remembering the people it affected most. 
I was 14 at the time and was in school, one of my friends was off ill that day and we kept on receiving updates from her as it was happening because she was watching the news. It didn't sink in properly that it was really happening until I was in the car on the way from the bus stop to a dentists appointment and heard it on the radio.

My thoughts are with those who lost people that day. Sue posted a lovely poem and I echo the sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment