Sunday, February 6, 2011

Spring...

Well today was the first (semi) proactive step towards getting the garden developed this year and it unfortunately resulted in me spending money on plants and seeds for the garden. This might sound a little silly considering that I don't actually have anywhere in the garden that is ready to take them. But I am hoping that knowing that I have spent money on stuff to go in the garden will mean that I actually work at getting it ready for them to go in.

Most of what I bought was in seed form so this will give me some time to sort the garden before they are ready to be put in the ground. Currently the 'Herb Garden' section is the closest to being ready. It just needs to have some additional good compost mixed in with the existing soil and divided down the centre by a 'footpath' of some kind. This footpath is not going to lead anywhere but will be there to enable me to reach the back of the bed to extract herbs for cooking :D
This is one of the parts of the garden I am looking forward to the most. I do have a large selection at the moment but am looking to expand it this year.

I am still waiting for my daffodil bulbs to do more than just peak above the surface of their pot but have a few flowers to keep me going in the house. I picked up this lovely lilly from an impromptu IKEA trip the other day to help by boyfriend to get furniture for his new house and decided that the colour looked lovely and I would see if it could brighten up the dreary weather that we are currently experiencing.
Currently I am sat attempting to do work for my dissertation and the paleoclimate module I have currently but its all I can do to stop my mind wandering to planning the garden. Which is annoying since I am trying to limit the amount of planning I am doing till I actually get out into the garden and start on the bed to have a place to put all my plans into action!
So on that note I will leave and hopefully return after having hit my garden properly for the first time this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment